March 31, 2021
Picture Retakes for Group A Students (see info below)
April 1, 2021
- Picture Retakes for Group B Students (see info below)
- Remote Student Supply Pickup 2:30 - 7:00 PM
April 2, 2021
- No School!
- Pumpkin Festival Theme Ideas Due
April 5, 2021
April 6, 2021
- Start of 4-Day In-Person Learning
- Spirit Dress Up Day - Backwards Day
April 7, 2021
Spirit Dress Up Day - Hawaiian Day
April 8, 2021
Spirit Dress Up Day - Sports Day
Picture Retakes are Scheduled for this Week:
Picture retakes will occur on Wednesday, March 31st for all students in Hybrid Group A and on Thursday, April 1st for all students in Hybrid Group B. Remote students can have pictures taken on either day between 8:00 - 9:00 AM. Just a reminder, retakes are for new students, absent students or for students that did not like their original photo. The students that did not like their original photo do need their original picture package in order to receive a new one. If they forgot the package, the photographer can still do a retake; however, Inter-State Photography will not be able to print a new picture package until they receive their old one.
Remote Student Supply Pickup:
Friday, April 2nd is a vacation day with no school or staff attendance. We are moving our remote supply pick up to Thursday, April 1st in the evening. The pickup times for this day will be from 2:30 PM - 7:00 PM. We absolutely have to have all of our remote families pick up their supplies as we have no one available to deliver supplies to you if they are not picked up. If there is no way for you to get your supplies, please check with a neighbor or friend to see if they can assist you with pickup. It is imperative that all students have their supplies before teachers begin their instruction on Tuesday, April 6th. We appreciate your assistance with this!
New Guidance and Upcoming Changes:
We are very excited to welcome our in person learners to four days a week of in person learning starting on Tuesday, April 6th. With this change comes several other adjustments that I want you to be aware of. Please take a few moments to review the updates below and let me know if you have any questions.
- In person learners will attend school Monday-Thursday
- Remote learners will continue to participate in live sessions daily
- Any remote student who will be absent from a live session must contact the office prior to the absence with a reason for the absence.
- Please note that all vacation days must be preapproved using our vacation request form
- Fridays will be asynchronous learning days for all learners
- In persons learners will be three feet apart in the classroom
- All masking requirements remain the same
- During lunch and snack when the students take their masks off they will be six feet apart
- All students will complete their specials daily in an asynchronous format
- Remote learners may see changes to the instructional delivery model and daily learning board
- Rotation of teachers throughout the day or week
- Movement of SS and Science work to Fridays
- Additional learning tasks provided daily with choice options
Any students returning or starting at Southeast on April 6th can contact the office for a tour this week. We would like to support our students in this transition to the building.
Pumpkin Festival Theme Contest:
It’s time to enter your ideas for the 2021-2022 Pumpkin Festival theme. Please complete the Google form that is linked below. All entries are due by Friday, April 2nd.
We are excited to announce the return of our summer OSCAR program! This program is open to all students currently attending Sycamore elementary schools in Kindergarten through 5th grade. The program will operate from 6:30 AM - 6:00 PM each weekday beginning Monday, June 14th through Friday, August 6th, at South Prairie Elementary School. The program will be closed Monday, July 5th.
Due to safety precautions, this program will be limited to 100 students. A waitlist will be created once registration slots are filled.
Online registration will open at 10:00 AM on Tuesday, April 1st. To register, any outstanding OSCAR balances must be paid in full, in addition to a registration fee of $40.00 per student. Students must attend a minimum of four days per week during the summer to register. The cost of this program is $35.00 per day, per student, and includes breakfast, snack, and lunch each day. Financial assistance is available for families that qualify, through 4-C: Community Coordinated Child Care.
Southeast has a new spirit wear company that we are using. The link is below and they are continuing the March Promotion! Please check the sizing charts before ordering, The charts ARE accurate and will help you order the right size that is needed. Plus....we will receive 10% back to the school on any order that you place!
Here is the March promotion for our school. This promotion is extended through Sunday, April 4th!
- Save 10% off $50!
- Save 20% off $75!!
- Save 30% off $100!!!!!!
Use code MARCH21 at checkout!!!
Student registration for the 2021-2022 school year is now open. For instructions on how to complete this process, please proceed to the Sycamore District website at www.syc427.org. On the homepage of the website, you will find the word Resources. Please click on this tab and then click on Online Registration. This will take you to the instructions for how to complete the registration. Thanks!
5 Essentials Survey:
Districts throughout Illinois are asked to participate in the 5Essential survey to gather information from our faculty, students and parents to gain insight into the key components of all successful schools. These areas include effective leaders, collaborative teachers, involved families, supportive environments, and ambitious instruction. The results of the survey responses are reported back to the schools for their review and planning for future school improvement focus items within the five areas.
We need your assistance and your feedback. The survey takes about 10 minutes to complete and can be completed on your smart device. Your participation in the parent survey will help us understand the conditions here at the school and guide improvement. Your identity and individual survey responses will be kept completely confidential and will never be connected to you or your child. To receive a building report, we must have 20% of our parents complete the survey. Right now, we are at 11%. If possible, please complete the survey before April 2nd so that we can receive a report on this information. For more information about the Illinois 5Essentials Survey, please visit https://illinois.5-essentials.org.
All 4th and 5th graders will also be asked to take the 5 Essentials Survey. For in person learners, they will take the survey during the week of April 29 here at school.
Daily Self Certification:
Please call the school office if your student is feeling ill, and be prepared to answer a few questions that will help us quickly and efficiently evaluate your child so that we can provide you information based on the latest recommended guidelines. It is imperative that if your student is experiencing ANY of the following symptoms, they remain home from school and any extracurricular activities outside the home.
- Fever or chills
- Moderate to Severe Headache
- Shortness of breath
- Sore throat
- Abdominal pain
- Congestion/runny nose
- Loss of sense of taste or smell
- Muscle or body aches
We know that things may look a little different this year and we are committed to keeping you informed on the changes that are taking place. Here is an overview of what your student can expect if they come to the Health Office with any of the symptoms listed above:
- The student will be brought to the health office where the nurse or their designee will quickly evaluate the student’s condition.
- If it is determined that they are experiencing any COVID like symptoms the student will be escorted to a designated and supervised isolation area.
- The school Nurse will notify the parent/guardian and walk them through the process of what is required for the student to return to school.
- Sick students should be safely transported home by parent or guardian as soon as possible.
- Other household members of the student will be sent home as well.
- Students will be expected to remain home from school and any extracurricular activities until cleared to return by the school nurse.
In-Person Learning Reminders:
- Drop off time is 8:45-9:00 AM
- Tardy bell will ring at 9:05 AM
- Dismissal will begin at 2:05 PM with the bus students exiting the building at 2:05 PM, and the walkers and car riders exiting the building at 2:10 PM
- All students should wear a well fitted mask to school each day
- All students should bring a water bottle to school each day
- Drinking fountains are turned off
- The building is closed to all visitors at this time
- We are not dispersing birthday treats at this time. You may send in a goodie bag for all students 72 hours prior to the day we would be sending them home.
- Remote students will have a learning pod from 2:30-2:45 PM Monday through Thursday
- It will be essential that all students working from home attend our live teaching sessions once we begin our in person learning. Please note that these live learning times indicate start times, but not end times. The teachers will get to decide how long they need to keep the students for based on each individual lesson and activity.
- Remote Supply pick up will be weekly on Fridays from 9:00 to 11:30 AM. You will enter through the gym hallway entrance.
- It will be imperative that all families complete the daily self certification process which includes a daily temperature check.