April 7, 2021
April 8, 2021
April 9, 2021
Remote Supply Pickup 9:00 - 11:30 AM (Gym Hallway)
April 13, 2021
Board of Education Mtg 7:00 PM @ SHS
Guidance and Changes Implemented Today:
We were very excited to welcome our in-person learners to four days a week today. With this change comes several other adjustments that I want you to be aware of. Please take a few moments to review the updates below and let me know if you have any questions.
- In-person learners will attend school Monday-Thursday
- Remote learners will continue to participate in live sessions daily
- Any remote student who will be absent from a live session must contact the office prior to the absence with a reason for the absence.
- Please note that all vacation days must be preapproved using our vacation request form
- Fridays will be asynchronous learning days for all learners
- In-person learners will be three feet apart in the classroom
- All masking requirements remain the same
- During lunch and snack when the students take their masks off they will be six feet apart
- All students will complete their specials daily in an asynchronous format
- Remote learners may see changes to the instructional delivery model and daily learning board
- Rotation of teachers throughout the day or week
- Movement of SS and Science work to Fridays
- Additional learning tasks provided daily with choice options
We are excited to announce the return of our summer OSCAR program! This program is open to all students currently attending Sycamore elementary schools in Kindergarten through 5th grade. The program will operate from 6:30 AM - 6:00 PM each weekday beginning Monday, June 14 through Friday, August 6, at South Prairie Elementary School. The program will be closed Monday, July 5.
Due to safety precautions, this program will be limited to 100 students. A waitlist will be created once registration slots are filled.
Online registration opened at 10:00 AM on Tuesday, April 1st. To register, any outstanding OSCAR balances must be paid in full, in addition to a registration fee of $40.00 per student. Students must attend a minimum of four days per week during the summer to register. The cost of this program is $35.00 per day, per student, and includes breakfast, snack, and lunch each day. Financial assistance is available for families that qualify, through 4-C: Community Coordinated Child Care.
4th Grade Girls Night Out:
Mark your calendars and save the date! Virtual Girls Night out hosted by your district nurses in partnership with Northwestern Medicine will be held on Monday night, April 26th. Watch for more details in upcoming emails!
The Illinois Assessment of Readiness (IAR) is the state assessment and accountability measure for Illinois students enrolled in grades 3 - 8 in a public school district. IAR assesses the New Illinois Learning Standards Incorporating the Common Core and will be administered in English Language Arts and Mathematics.
Southeast will be taking the IAR beginning next week, on Tuesday, April 13th. Students will take a test in the morning and a test in the afternoon. All students will be invited to test, but all testing must be done in the school building. More information will be coming home next Monday.
Southeast Spirit Wear:
Spring into spirit wear this week with FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $50!!! Use code Spring21-FS and stock up on all you need for spring now! Click the link below and order today!
Student Registration is Now Open:
Student registration for the 2021-2022 school year is now open. For instructions on how to complete this process, please proceed to the Sycamore District website at www.syc427.org. On the homepage of the website, you will find the word Resources. Please click on this tab and then click on Online Registration under the References column. This will take you to the instructions for how to complete the registration. The registration application must be completed by Friday, May 22nd. Thanks!
Daily Self Certification:
Please call the school office if your student is feeling ill, and be prepared to answer a few questions that will help us quickly and efficiently evaluate your child so that we can provide you information based on the latest recommended guidelines. It is imperative that if your student is experiencing ANY of the following symptoms, they remain home from school and any extracurricular activities outside the home.
- Fever or chills
- Moderate to Severe Headache
- Shortness of breath
- Sore throat
- Abdominal pain
- Congestion/runny nose
- Loss of sense of taste or smell
- Muscle or body aches
We know that things may look a little different this year and we are committed to keeping you informed on the changes that are taking place. Here is an overview of what your student can expect if they come to the Health Office with any of the symptoms listed above:
- The student will be brought to the health office where the nurse or their designee will quickly evaluate the student’s condition.
- If it is determined that they are experiencing any COVID like symptoms the student will be escorted to a designated and supervised isolation area.
- The school Nurse will notify the parent/guardian and walk them through the process of what is required for the student to return to school.
- Sick students should be safely transported home by parent or guardian as soon as possible.
- Other household members of the student will be sent home as well.
- Students will be expected to remain home from school and any extracurricular activities until cleared to return by the school nurse.
In-Person Learning Reminders:
- Drop off time is 8:45-9:00 AM
- Tardy bell will ring at 9:05 AM
- Dismissal will begin at 2:05 PM with the bus students exiting the building at 2:05 PM, and the walkers and car riders exiting the building at 2:10 PM
- All students should wear a well fitted mask to school each day
- All students should bring a water bottle to school each day
- Drinking fountains are turned off
- The building is closed to all visitors at this time
- We are not dispersing birthday treats at this time. You may send in a goodie bag for all students 72 hours prior to the day we would be sending them home.
- Remote students will have a learning pod from 2:30-2:45 PM Monday through Thursday
- It will be essential that all students working from home attend our live teaching sessions once we begin our in person learning. Please note that these live learning times indicate start times, but not end times. The teachers will get to decide how long they need to keep the students for based on each individual lesson and activity.
- Remote Supply pick up will be weekly on Fridays from 9:00 to 11:30 AM. You will enter through the gym hallway entrance (Door W1)
- It will be imperative that all families complete the daily self certification process which includes a daily temperature check.